Saturday, September 1, 2007

Procrastination

Some people see this and think, "Oh yea I procrastinate all the time too", but I'm terrible at it. For instance, I just remembered the hamper full of clothes on the other side of the room contain articles I want to wear tomorrow to Elevation's Triple Header Super Sunday Extravaganza. I should be in bed now, (my alarm goes off at 3:30 am) but I'm up waiting to put clothes in the dryer. I could use this time to be taking a shower, but I hate doing it while the washer is running because the rinse cycle summons unspeakable pain borne from a scalding steam-water mixture for anyone so unlucky as to be caught in the shower.

I wonder if there exists an anti-procrastination pill. You could probably make the argument that some special mixture of PCP and cocaine makes it impossible to procrastinate. While on it it's literally impossible to put something off. As soon as the idea pops in your head you simply must act on it, regardless of the fact that it's 3 in the am. Of course, the threat of rioting mobs springing up due the most mundane of reasons and huge chance of death with every dose would probably put a damper on the FDA approving it. But I must admit the thought of blacking out around bedtime and coming to in the morning to find that my house has been cleaned, laundry done, and a brand new gazebo built in the backyard isn't ALL bad.

Ooh, I think the washer is done!

No comments: