Sunday, September 2, 2007

Everybody's Workin' for the Weekend

It's corny I know, but I think Elevation volunteers do just this. We pull it off with flying colors. (Even when many people abandon us for the holiday weekend!) And when we hear a sermon about volunteering, it isn't because we're doing a bad job and need to improve, it's because volunteering in the name of Jesus Christ is a form of worship. Now, of course, not all "good" Christians volunteer from 5am to 3pm every Sunday. (For instance, I was a slacker this morning and came in late at 6am. For this terrible transgression I was forced to bear the awful prize of Nick and Bill's shunning scorn.) I'm not some crazy guy that says if you don't volunteer at the church office like a part time job then you're going to hell, but I do believe it's a sin to disobey God if he calls you to that. Some people are just called to do other things that are just as great. Some people's call may be to labor all week for some other day for His own purposes. Here at Elevation, we're all called to work for the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weekends make me happy. I see all my favorite people on the weekends. All 2800 of them plus like...God. He's kinda important in there too.