Thursday, September 13, 2007

Excellence

My days have become full. You can probably tell this because of the infrequency with which I have updated this blog as of late. I started a full time job last week 7-3:30 assembling insanely complex textile machines. I get very dirty. But I am committed to helping out at the Elevation office just after work on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday until pretty late. (Hopefully it's only late for the next few weeks.) I love it. On Tuesday and Friday evenings I'm normally housekeeping or working part time for my father who seems not to realize that I have my own job now. Saturday is my day to read and possibly do something with friends and go to bed early. Sunday is the big day. Wake up at 3:30 am and get home at 4 pm if all goes well and nothing is happening after 3rd service. But this hasn't been the case for a while and I usually end up getting home around 11 pm somehow. For instance, I had to go to two meetings today, and was late for both of them. Suffice it to say that I started to get a bit burned out! What's that you say?! Adam, the archetype of "nothing is too much, send me anywhere and it'll get done" is dwindling??? Alas, I was. Until tonight.

The second meeting was about production volunteers at Elevation. And how we are to strive for excellence. There's a lot depending on how you act and what you do. And if you're doing it in Jesus' Name and with His Authority, it had better be excellent. I'm living my life in Jesus' Name, and I've been tempted to be less than excellent. That's over tonight. I'm not saying that Christians never get burned out. I'm not saying you should do more stuff. I'm saying do what you do excellently. No more, no less. If you aren't excellent, figure out why. It may be that you're trying to do too much and are overwhelmed, or you are doing too little and haven't the field to showcase your calling. It may be that you're doing the right amount, but the wrong thing! Be excellent in Jesus' Name!! The lease I can give is My Utmost for His Highest. (a great book)

No comments: