Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My Day Off

Well, I'm gonna call it a day off. I got off work at 3:30 as usual, but today I didn't have to work anymore after that. (No church office, no working for my dad etc.) I have got so much done since then. Tons of clothes folded, room cleaned, car cleared of trash, bills paid, and currently in the closet.

Now I'll have you know this is no mere closet. It is a cavernous expanse that consists of a cache of treasures and perils that defy reasonable sense. I haven't used this closet in any significant capacity in about 4 years. After leaving for college, my brother laid claim to my room an began to use it as his own. Basically my stuff became buried under half a decade of sibling silt deposition. Therefore, tonight I, not unlike an archaeologist, excavate my closet in search of treasures and new storage space.

I have thus far discovered:

1. Eight pairs of shoes (Six no longer fit, throwing all away.)

2. Two trombones and a trombone stand

3. A full band portrait from my sophomore year.

4. Two Nintendo Entertainment Systems. ( I don't know if they still work, I'll try blowing on them)

5. My boy scout uniform.

6. One Super Nintendo Entertainment System

7. A pair of bright white bell bottom dress pants that were my dad's.

8. The 1998 Union County Basketball Association 12-13 year old age group "Runner Up" plaque. (The highlight of my entire life)

9. The game of "Risk"

10. One bone from a cow's vertebra. (I'm not kidding)

I'm about half done so far. Back to work.

No comments: