Thursday, August 23, 2007

Why?

What is the point of me starting a Blog? No one is gonna read it...yet. I don't have all the answers for anyone. I don't even like writing. However I've recently become aware of the huge asset that a blog can be to someone. I hope to amass a huge collection of entries that I can look back on in the future and reflect; kinda like a journal, but with a more public intended audience. (I also started a journal yesterday and my debut entry was 4 freaking pages long.) I view my journal as a place to spill my guts, but this arena more along the lines of a long, drawn out introduction of me to whoever. Do I intend this to be pure, raw "what I'm thinking"? No. Do I intend this to be fake? No.

So what does all this abstract reasoning add up to? What is the answer to why I'm starting this? Ultimately, I do it for the glory of God. I believe He can use this format to bless me and others in ways I can't even imagine yet. Whether it simply will be a supplementary vehicle of reflection to my journal, or something I say influences someone in a positive way, or someone calls me out on something stupid I say and helps me with it, it's all good. I trust that He will use it as He sees fit.

No comments: