Saturday, August 25, 2007

Panera

Some people half comically say that they are convinced of the existence of a graceful God because there would be no other way to end up with a spouse as good as theirs. I'm single, so my half comical proof lies in the existence of Panera. People WAY cooler than me came up with this idea that if you build a restaurant like it's the brainchild of really hip people (with laptops) then people will flock to it. I'm not really sure if they're making up the names to all these bread types (I don't really care) but I do know they make me feel savvy at something, I just don't know what yet. I'm so uncultured that Panera taught me what a baguette was. (Shut up! I know, I know) It's like the Starbucks of solid food. I'm actually posting this from Panera right now in Matthews. It's really funny that the 95% of people without laptops stare continuously at the 5% with laptops imagining all the important white collar business work we're doing. Ha! It's really all youtube and facebook surfers! But at least we look cool.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

haha!
I'm glad you're bloggin'!
See you in a few hours for the best day of the week!
- Brandy -