Thursday, August 30, 2007

To Do List:

These are some random things I want to do at some point.

1. Buy a brand new car (don't really care what kind) and take really good care of it (mechanically, not necessarily cosmetically) and put 1 million miles on it.
2. Get a puppy and train/raise it myself. I've had dogs, but always got them in the post puppy stage. I'm thinking golden retriever or labrador.
3. Memorize a few books of the bible.
4. Witness man landing on Mars.
5. Get my pilot's license.
6. Skydive. (hopefully not from the plane I'm piloting)
7. Visit every continent.
8. Teach myself guitar and piano.
9. Run a marathon.
10. Find my wife. (although I probably won't have that much of an active role in doing this)
11. Learn Spanish, German, and Japanese.
12. See Elevation have 100k in attendance.
13. Start playing trombone again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~
INTERMISSION
~~~~~~~~~~~~
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just now returned from a 1.5 hour hiatus due to a stranger knocking on my door and telling me I have a dozen escaped cows dancing in the highway. Luckily my father (who is recovering from major eye surgery and can't see in broad daylight, let alone utter darkness.) was still awake and in quite the chipper mood. After dashing through the wooded night for a good 30 minutes, I began to wonder: Could I strangle a bovine with my bare hands if it came down to it? Luckily it didn't, but I must say I am leaning on the "yes" side of the table.

They are all back in as best as I can tell, and the fence is repaired; and oh yea, I startled a skunk while I was repairing the fence and it sprayed about 50 feet away.

I consider myself a lucky guy. Even if the glass is only 10% full, at least it's not 90% empty.

No comments: