Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thoughts

My mind is full right now. Full of thoughts about everything from what I'm going to eat tonight to... well, we won't go there. But to contrast my full mind, I have a fairly empty evening planned with only going out to dinner with my father and brother on the schedule later.

Therefore, I thought I should blog. But what should it be about? I could try to think of something I learned today, or just tell about my week, or try to ensnare a profound idea and bind it behind my faulty words in a short snippet just to discover later that it wasn't so profound after all. Then I thought that the solution to my quagmire would lie in seeking the purpose of what I wanted to do with the entry. Should my blog entries be simply self therapeutic? Or should I entertain the idea that I should try to entertain some audience?

I guess I don't know what I want to do through this blog. I should come up with a mission statement for my blog.

But when it comes down to it, I can't avoid putting a significant portion of my efforts into making any given entry something that I myself wouldn't mind reading. Be it educational, entertaining, or helpful, I try to have a clear purpose when I make an entry. (except for this one, obviously)

To tie off this mangled limb of an entry I'd like to close with a completely unrelated quote from a very troubled man. I've known this quote for quite a long time now and it scratches my nuclear engineering itch.

"If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... I am become Death, the Shatterer of Worlds." - J. Robert Oppenheimer quoting The Bhagavad Gita on the topic of developing the first ever nuclear cascade reaction ordinance. These were the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs.

No comments: