Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Quotes!

So I got to thinking about other quotes I like after ending my previous entry with one of my favorites but I realized that I had forgotten how to say them verbatim for the most part. So I looked them up and found some other goodies as well.

William Shakespeare - “As soon go kindle fire with snow, as seek to quench the fire of love with words.”

Unknown - “Don't refuse to go on an occasional wild goose chase. That's what wild geese are for.” ( I know this one ends in a preposition, my apologies.)

Unknown - “Memory is a crazy woman who hoards colored rags and throws away food.”

Unknown - “It is possible for your mind to be so open that your brain falls out.”

Henry David Thoreau - “The language of friendship is not words but meanings.”

Henry David Thoreau - “It is only when we forget all our learning that we begin to know.”

Sir Winston Churchill - “We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.”

Sir Winston Churchill - “Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour'.”

Charles Wesley - “And can it be that I should gain an interest in the Savior's blood? Died He for me, who caused His pain-- for me, who Him to death pursued? Amazing love! how can it be that Thou, my God, shouldst die for me? 'Tis mystery all! Th' Immortal dies: Who can ex”

Mahatma Gandhi - “If Christians would really live according to the teachings of Christ, as found in the Bible, all of India would be Christian today.”

No comments: